Rising to New Challenges for Student Financial Aid
Like millions of individuals around the world, we are working from home and engaging our students in virtual learning during these unprecedented times, and like you, we remain concerned for how others in our community are faring. While the times are unprecedented, the response of individuals, organizations and institutions to a crisis is not. We respond with compassion, deep commitment and resilience.
One of Hill’s enduring commitments is to help students who learn differently to reach their full potential by removing the obstacles to their learning. This is what we work tirelessly for. To see the potential of each individual realized. To see the relief and understanding that our work brings to parents and students alike. We are more than an educational institution. We are a community that cares. And you are a part of our community.
A generous donor has pledged a $10,000 match donation to our Wendy B. Speir Student Financial Aid Fund if we raise $10,000 between May 5 – June 30, 2020.
Why does Student Financial Aid matter?
- Each year Hill School distributes aid based on demonstrated financial need.
- In the 2018-2019 school year we disbursed $276,450 to 18% of enrolled students.
- In 2019-2020 we increased our aid distribution to $350,000.
- We are anticipating an unprecedented need for student financial aid due to the economic impacts of the pandemic. For 2020-2021, we believe $530,000 will be needed.
Ways to Support Student Financial Aid at Hill
- Make a gift today so that no child refuses enrollment to Hill’s specialized education due to financial obstacles.
- Contact Karen Smith Fernandez, Philanthropy Director, to discuss a multi-year pledge, creating an endowment for financial aid, a planned gift, or other ways to show your support.