Hill Learning System and HillRAP Digital
The Hill Learning System (HLS) platform and HillRAP Digital App are a tablet app and web portal to support the Hill Reading Achievement Program (HillRAP). All HillRAP instruction is facilitated by the HillRAP Digital instructional app. Teachers access the secure web portal to manage classes and reporting.
Hill Learning Center takes precautions to protect student information. When sensitive information is submitted via the web portal and the instructional app, the information is protected both online and offline. All information collected is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way. This can be verified by the lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the HLS web portal and the encrypted address found under the gear icon on the splash page of the HillRAP Digital instructional app. A strong password policy is enforced. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, instructional coaching or technical support) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store sensitive information are kept in a secure environment.
If FERPA-protected student data has been disclosed for use in the HLS web portal or HillRAP Digital instructional app, Hill Learning Center commits to the following statements.
Hill Learning Center WILL:
- Collect, use, share, and retain student personal information only for purposes for which we were authorized by the educational institution/agency, teacher or the parent/student.
- Disclose in a manner easy for parents and teachers to understand, what types of student personal information we collect, if any, and the purposes for which the information we maintain is used or shared with third parties.
- Support access to and correction of student personally identifiable information by the student or their authorized parent, either by assisting the educational institution in meeting its requirements or directly when the information is collected directly from the student with student/parent consent.
- Maintain a comprehensive security program that is reasonably designed to protect the security, privacy, confidentiality, and integrity of student personal information against risks – such as unauthorized access or use, or unintended or inappropriate disclosure – through the use of administrative, technological, and physical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Hill Learning Center WILL NOT:
- Collect, maintain, use or share student personal information beyond that needed for authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student.
- Sell student personal information.
- Use or disclose student information collected through an educational/school service (whether personal information or otherwise) for targeting of advertisements to students.
- Build a personal profile of a student other than for supporting authorized educational/school purposes or as authorized by the parent/student.
- Make material changes to privacy policies without first providing prominent notice to the account holder(s) (i.e., the educational institution/agency, or the parent/student when the information is collected directly from the student with student/parent consent) and allowing them choices before data is used in any manner inconsistent with terms they were initially provided; and not make material changes to other policies or practices governing the use of student personal information that are inconsistent with contractual requirements.
We pledge to carry out responsible stewardship and appropriate use of student personal information gathered in our role as a school service provider according to the commitments above and in adherence to all laws applicable to us as school service providers.
If you feel that we are not abiding by this policy, please contact us immediately via telephone at 919-489-7464 or email at email@example.com.