The Hill Summer Program provides five weeks of daily instruction in reading, writing, and math for students in rising 1-8 grades. Modeled after the flagship Hill School curriculum and based on the Orton-Gillingham approach, this academic summer program uses research-based methodologies and individualized, multisensory instruction, delivered in a maximum 4:1 student-teacher ratio by caring, expert educators. Students are assessed at the start of the program and throughout to enable faculty to identify and target key skills for instruction to help prepare students for the next school year. Additionally, executive function study skills are incorporated into lessons for the middle school students. Program features include a meet and greet with faculty, written progress reports, and parent conferences.
- Dates: June 28 – July 30, 2021 (Closed July 5th)
- Times: Two session options – Morning (8:30-11:30am) or Afternoon (1:00-4:00pm)
- Grade Range: Rising Grades 1-8
- Total Cost: $3075
- Location: In-Person at Hill Learning Center in Durham
- Returning Summer families and Hill School families should not apply. Enrollment information coming soon!
- A diagnosis is not required for admission to Hill Summer.
In addition to Hill Summer, Hill Tutoring provides 1:1 tutoring in reading, writing, and math for students in grades K-12, as well as virtual small-group reading (HillRAP) classes for rising grades 2-6 and both on-campus and virtual executive function study skills classes for students in rising 6-12 grades. Click here to join the summer tutoring interest list.
Snapshot of Hill Summer
Explore these photos to see what a day in the life of a Hill Summer participant looks like. From Popsicles to community service - your child will experience confidence-boosting instruction and support for five fantastic weeks!