Hill Summer provides five weeks of daily instruction in reading, writing, and math for students in rising 1-8 grades. Modeled after Hill School and based on the Orton-Gillingham approach, this program uses research-based methodologies and individualized, multisensory instruction, delivered in a 4:1 student-teacher ratio by caring, expert educators, to support students’ academic needs. Students are assessed at the start of the program and throughout to enable faculty to identify and target key instructional skills to help prepare students for the next school year. Additionally, executive function study skills are incorporated into lessons for the middle school students. Program features include a meet and greet with faculty, progress reports, and parent conferences.
- Dates: June 27 – July 29, 2022 (off July 4th)
- Times: Morning and afternoon sessions (3-hour duration)
- Grade Range: Rising 1-8
- Location: In-Person at Hill Learning Center in Durham
- Tuition: $3125
- A diagnosis is not required for admission to Hill Summer.
- Current Hill School families and Summer 2021 families will be sent summer enrollment information in December. They do not need to apply.
- Register for a Visit or schedule an admissions appointment to learn more about Hill Summer.
- Complete the online summer application. (A non-refundable application fee of $50 will be collected at the time of application.)
- Share the supplemental application forms with the appropriate professionals and ensure that all required documents are received by Hill Admissions.
- Hill Admissions will notify you of an admissions decision once this process is complete. We recommend applying by January 1 for priority consideration. New acceptances will begin January 28, 2022 and continue on a rolling basis until the program is filled.
In addition to Hill Summer, Hill Tutoring offers small-group classes. More information coming soon!
Snapshot of Hill Summer
Explore these photos to see what a day in the life of a Hill Summer participant looks like. From individualized instruction to daily recess - your child will experience confidence-boosting instruction and support for five fantastic weeks!