Expanding Financial Aid While Honoring a 38 Year Legacy
We are thrilled to announce the naming of our student financial fund in honor of Hill Director of Admissions Wendy B. Speir who will retire in June 2019 after 38 years of service. The Wendy B. Speir Student Financial Aid Fund reduces the financial barriers to attending Hill School by offering financial assistance to students who qualify for enrollment yet lack family financial resources to attend.
Four Hill families have challenged the Hill Community to raise $250,000 for the Wendy B. Speir Student Financial Aid Fund by May 2019. They have generously kick-started the campaign with a collective contribution of $120,000.
Why does Student Financial Aid matter?
- Each year Hill School distributes aid based on demonstrated financial need. In the 2018-2019 school year we disbursed $276,450 to 18% of enrolled students. But we need to do more.
- Each year admitted students decline enrollment to Hill School because their financial aid award simply wasn’t enough. We want to increase aid packages and reach more students.
- Ultimately we want a world in which no family declines Hill enrollment due to financial aid.
Ways to Support Student Financial Aid at Hill
- Make a gift today.
- Support Hill Mile and help us meet this challenge. 100% of Hill Mile proceeds will be directed to the Wendy B. Speir Student Financial Aid Fund.
- Contact Beth Anderson to discuss a multi-year pledge, planned gift, or other ways to show your support.