Implemented at Hill Learning Center and in public, charter, and independent schools across North Carolina and beyond, Hill Reading Achievement Program (HillRAP) provides educators with a research-based, individualized, structured approach to improving reading for students who are struggling. HillRAP typically serves students with foundational gaps in literacy development due to one or more of the following profiles:
- Diagnosed or undiagnosed learning differences or attention challenges
- Limited English proficiency (i.e. English Language Learners)
- Effects of growing up in poverty
The Hill Reading Achievement Program, or HillRAP Digital, leverages technology to support teacher-delivered, individualized, small-group reading intervention for struggling readers. HillRAP is a mastery-based program that is ideally delivered in 45-minute blocks with a 4:1 student to teacher ratio. The HillRAP instructor and students access content–including individualized drill questions, word lists, and decodable texts–through wirelessly connected iPads, whether they are in the same room or over the internet!
HillRAP is aligned with research-validated reading strategies in the National Reading Panel’s five key areas for effective reading instruction —phonics, phonemic awareness, fluency, reading comprehension, and vocabulary.
Independent, third party evaluations of HillRAP implementation in public schools demonstrated positive impacts on student achievement and growth in reading. HillRAP students build confidence as they experience reading success, often for the first time.
Teachers who seek to implement the Hill Reading Achievement Program (HillRAP) must register for a blended learning training that includes the online Breaking the Code: Phonological Awareness & Phonics course, HillRAP self-paced online training, HillRAP live webinar, and more! Click on a training date below to learn more.
Why do teachers and administrators love HillRAP:
- It’s grounded in the Science of Reading and the core components of literacy instruction – phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension
- Differentiates student placement in the curriculum and carefully monitors student progress in real time
- Guides teachers through instruction while allowing for teacher judgment and flexibility
- Tracks individual student service delivery time and progress through the program
- Online portal for teachers and administrators provides easy access to data, instructional resources, and reports
- Can move from in classroom to online direct student instruction without missing a beat
- Appropriate for students with dyslexia and those struggling with the foundational skills of reading
- High quality, practical training supported by personal coaching and the opportunity to pursue IMSLEC-certification
Choose HillRAP Print or HillRAP Digital